Job Title: Web Development Lead
Job Description: The Web Development Lead’s role is to assure the successful execution of the Earth Deeds vision and mission through development and deployment of the company’s web presence. This role currently manages one overseas programmer and reports to the company founder. Primary responsibilities include planning, prioritizing and managing web development projects to provide value and ease of use for our customers.
Organization Description: Earth Deeds online tools enable groups to onset their carbon footprints and support local, meaningful solutions to global warming. Founded in 2012 as an L3C (Low-Profit Limited Liability Company), Earth Deeds currently has a working website and paying customers, but is still early in its development. Staff are dispersed and include a full-time Founder who manages Sales, Marketing, Web, and Organizational Development, two part-time sales staff, a part-time CFO, and a full-time programmer. This committed team is creating an innovative organization that has great potential to mobilize millions of people and dollars to support local solutions to global warming.
Time Requirements: 10-40 hours per week. This is a work from home position.
Compensation: Equity and/or deferred compensation until significant revenue and/or investment.
- Daily direct collaboration with overseas programmer to:
- Identify and fix bugs within the system.
- Plan the next generation of the back-end and front-end website experience
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services (e.g. technologies, competitive services, opportunities for innovation, assessment of market/ technical hurdles).
- Develop use cases and overall user experience design and flow.
- Develop specifications and wireframes for review and implementation.
- Establish a specification conformance, testing, and web analytics regimen.
- Manage vendors and programmers to implement approved designs.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures.
- Establish and maintain process to respond to customer issues and improve services.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations for privacy, security, & social responsibility.
Ideal Background and Qualities:
- Alignment with Earth Deeds’ Cultural Values.
- Experience with startup companies and social entrepreneurism.
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Keen attention to detail and superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to envision and implement web-based services.
- Graphic design web experience and knowledge of web standards.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- University degree in computer science, business administration, or other relevant discipline.
- On-call availability.
Contact us to talk further about this position.